RE: Is it possible to pass a remote config file to a PXE booted instance

From: Rivard, Matthew T
Subject: RE: Is it possible to pass a remote config file to a PXE booted instance of grub.efi
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 22:30:02 +0000

Aye, the problem is that efi iPXE can't directly boot 6.x versions of RHEL and
CentOS, so I was trying to determine if its possible to either pass a boot
config to grub via command line or if Grub can pull the PXE space Option
209/Option 210 data so I can pass generated config for it to load.

We used a similar work around for booting Legacy PXE installs of ESXi using
PXElinux, but unfortunately, Redhat is a lot more limited.