Re: GRUB 2 DELL VENUE KEYBOARD NOT RESPONDING

From: reciever0001
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 DELL VENUE KEYBOARD NOT RESPONDING
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:28:26 +0500

It's a long existing problem. Usually, when you can't use keyboard with
grub, you also can't use said keyboard with UEFI\BIOS on same PC, so I
don't think it's a grub bug.
I've noticed that behavior mostly with modern multimedia keyboards, that
have extra function keys\scroll wheel, etc.
They are detected by Linux as 2 or even 3 USB devices in one, and
usually first device enumerated is "multimedia" key section not the
actual keyboard section.
So, basically, keyboard works, just not the device with QWERTY-section
of it.
This is probably a bug of keyboard firmware or design, more than
anything else.