Re: How to install grub onto an added drive?

From: Randy Goldenberg
Subject: Re: How to install grub onto an added drive?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 08:46:11 -0800

On Monday November 18, 2019, Chris Green wrote:

Ah, oops, yes a rather basic piece of information.  It's traditional
BIOS.  Doesn't the BIOS need to be 'UEFI aware' if one is going UEFI?

Yes.

My data is well backed up, if it all goes *really* pear shaped I will
simply re-install the OS from scratch and restore all my data.  I was
hoping for 'intermediate' disaster recovery to get back to a bootable
system without having to restore everything.

Just reinstall grub then.