Possible to boot DOS from UEFI grub?

From: Jeff Sadowski
Subject: Possible to boot DOS from UEFI grub?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:21:51 -0700

OK I've been trying a bunch of things here but not having much luck.

I am familiar with normal booting from UEFI grub and MBR versions of grub

I can boot DOS from Legacy Grub with the following

grub> root='hd2,msdos1'
grub> parttool ${root} hidden-
Setting partition type to 0x6
grub> drivemap -s (hd0) ${root}
grub> chainloader +1

If I try this in UEFI grub

grub> root='hd2,msdos1'
grub> parttool ${root} hidden-
Setting partition type to 0x6
grub> drivemap -s (hd0) ${root}
error: can't find command `drivemap'.
grub> chainloader +1
error: invalid EFI file path.

If I try and let update-grub fix it They go away completely if I boot
from UEFI mode.

For now I have resigned to just booting everything from Legacy mode
but would like to know if it is possible to use it from UEFI mode?