Crypto-nerd

From: Paul Gorman
Subject: Crypto-nerd
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 22:42:47 -0400

So, chainloading... Simple enough, until we add complexity to it. Is there
some way to make an initrd for a chainload?

Im looking to boot Grub (usb) to grub (inside a dm-crypt) to an
each-drive-separately-dmcrypted filesystem raid-array in zfs.

Flash drive will initially contain a key for the first dm-crypt - making
for a single, easily-replaceable key.

Another question - Once this machine is booted into the full OS, can I
remove the flash drive?

After that works, I'd like to experiment with putting a key for the dmcrypt
on a yubikey. And it'd be a LOT simpler for everyone if I could use an
initrd for the chainload.