Re: Issue with Super Grub2 Disk Hybrid and HP Detachable X2

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: Issue with Super Grub2 Disk Hybrid and HP Detachable X2
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 23:35:03 +0100

El 14/12/17 a las 10:38, Michel Bouissou escribió:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> (Still about Super Grub2 key on HP Pavilion Detachable X2 10-N123NF, per
> your request)
>

> (...)
>
> I have a supposition about the reason that may confuse SG2 on this
> machine : it's « hard disk » is not a hard disk and is not called /dev/sd*
>
> Being an eMMC, it's called /dev/mmcblk0, gpt partitioned and gdisk shows
> it partitioned as :
> - /dev/mmcblk0p1 : 260 MB EF00 EFI partition
> - /dev/mmcblk0p2 : 16 MB "Microsoft reserved" that I didn't touch, it
> being small
> - /dev/mmcblk0p3 :  28 GB Linux main ext4 partition
> - /dev/mmcblk0p4 : 1 GB Linux swap
>
> But ls also shows :
> - /dev/mmcblk0boot0
> - /dev/mmcblk0boot1
> - /dev/mmcblk0rpmb
>
> I have no clue about these, which partitioning tools do not see, while
> they do appear under /dev. When cloning the machine using clonezilla, it
> complains not being able to read it, but just skips it.
>
> Maybe SG2 doesn't like this kind of systems ?
>
> (BTW how would it behave with a system running on /dev/nvme* ?)

1) Maybe you could try to press: 'c'

And then run 'ls'
and tell us what Grub sees.

2) As an alternative you can try my former SG2D 2.02s9 release which had
implemented another search algorithm:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/supergrub2/files/2.02s9/super_grub2_disk_2.02s9/super_grub2_disk_hybrid_2.02s9.iso/download

I'm a bit out of clues without being able to debug this more.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/