grub-probe: warning: unknown device type nvme0n1

From: Eduard Wirch
Subject: grub-probe: warning: unknown device type nvme0n1
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 06:47:51 +0000

I'm using a NVME disk as boot and root device. I have a memtest86+ entry in
my boot menu list. When generating the Grub configuration, grub-probe
complains:

grub-probe: warning: unknown device type nvme0n1

This is the command which triggers the warning:

$ grub-probe --target=hints_string /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin

Any idea what this warning means and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Eduard