Re: How to use grub-mkimage prefix?

From: J. Eppler
Subject: Re: How to use grub-mkimage prefix?
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 09:23:32 -0400

On 11/01/2016 01:35 PM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 01.11.2016 19:39, J. Eppler пишет:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use the following command to create a grub image:
>>
>> ~~~
>> ./grub-mkimage --verbose --output=out/grubaa64.efi
> grub-mkimage is internal tool that is not intended to be used directly
> for day to day grub installations. What are you trying to do and why
> provided tools (grub-install, grub-mkstandalone and several others) are
> not enough?
What I try to do is cross-compile Grub2 for arm64 (also called aarch64)
for the HiKey board. I use a x86_64 virtual machine running Debian
"Stretch" (Testing) on my Laptop to cross-compile Grub2.

I use grub-mkimage, because the developer from the HiKey board gave me
some instructions (see:
http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/grub2-cant-find-command-multiboot-and-module/#post-16820).
I try to adjust the instructions to my own needs, but have little to no
experience with the Grub2 commands, such as grub-mkstandalone. In short
I am happy about every advice, hint and help I can get.