Re: grub with serial line configuration using PCI serial adapter

From: rishat
Subject: Re: grub with serial line configuration using PCI serial adapter
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:41:59 +0300

On 2016-10-17 19:16, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
17.10.2016 16:16, rishat пишет:
setserial -g /dev/ttyS[0-4]
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0xa880, IRQ: 21

When I tried to manually type a "serial --speed=115200 --unit=0 --word=8
--parity=no --stop=1" in the grub command line it complains that COM1
port don't exist. I have played with unit and port attributes but
without any luck.

Does "serial --port=a880 ..." work? If not, what exactly happens?

Note that you may need to load at least PCI bus driver (insmod pci) for
this to work.

I've tried to use it that way but it didn't find com port again.
I'll try to do insmod pci and write to you tomorrow.

By the way is it possible to share documentation about some useful modules in the grub? I havn't found any information using google.