Re: Using acpi line to load DSDT table at runtime - Linux 16.04

From: carlos izzo videla
Subject: Re: Using acpi line to load DSDT table at runtime - Linux 16.04
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 09:27:11 -0300

Good morning:

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016, at 08:47, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> I never gave such instructions.
> "acpi" is GRUB command, you either execute it manually from GRUB command line
> or add
> to grub.cfg.

I apologise for the mixup, my bad.
I (mistakenly) thought that I had explained myself correctly but it is
evident I did not.

For some reason I had acquired the idea that I could load an alternative
DSDT file through an acpi command via grub, entering it as a kernel
parameter.

I evidently confused the "acpi=" kernel parameter with the "acpi" grub
command.
Easy when you have mre than a decade of Windows background and just a
year or so of Linux.

How do I add the "acpi /boot/dsdt.aml" command to grub.cfg?
I have read that it is a file that has to be generated and not edited.

Thanks in advance,

CIV