Re: GRUB2 Enable Debug Messages

From: ARMANDO FERREIRA LEE ENG
Subject: Re: GRUB2 Enable Debug Messages
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:28:35 +0000

Wow awesome!

Thanks for the tip Andrei :)

________________________________
De: Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden>
Enviado: jueves, 30 de junio de 2016 12:24:33 p. m.
Para: ARMANDO FERREIRA LEE ENG; address@hidden
Asunto: Re: GRUB2 Enable Debug Messages

30.06.2016 01:11, ARMANDO FERREIRA LEE ENG пишет:
> Hi All,
>

> Is there a way to enable some debug messages of GRUB2? I don't mean
> Kernel Debug Messages, what I want is the GRUB2 Bootloader Messages.
> This for some firmware debugging purpose. :)

set debug=foo,bar,baz

where "foo", "bar", "baz" are tags for which you want to enable debug
output or

set debug=all

to enable everything. You can also do

grub-install --debug-image=all

to set it from the earliest point in time possible.

You will need to check sources (look for grub_dprintf) to find out what
tags are in use.