Re: Why does big black box appear over by GRUB2 theme when booting?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Why does big black box appear over by GRUB2 theme when booting?
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 21:26:14 +0200

Отправлено с iPhone

> 8 июня 2016 г., в 22:02, Ed Hartnett <address@hidden> написал(а):
>
> I made a nice GRUB2 theme, which gives me a screen like this:
>
> http://s33.postimg.org/qe6gm7e0f/screen_small.png
>
> When I make my selection and start to boot, for about 10 seconds a big
> black box appears over the screen. Then the whole screen goes away and the
> boot proceeds.
>
> It looks like this:
>
> http://s33.postimg.org/ehb5qqkkv/screen_blocked_small.png
>
> Why is the black box appearing? Is

This where grub prints messages during execution of menu entry. It is the same
command line window you get when pressing 'c'.

> there any way for me to stop it showing?

Not really. I remember openSUSE once had a patch to make this window background
fully transparent.  IIRC the patch was dropped because it caused screen
corruption. If you are really interested, you could try to fix it - I will dig
out reference for you. Just tell :)