Re: Problems with PXE + IPV6 + UEFI

From: Jorge Cisneros
Subject: Re: Problems with PXE + IPV6 + UEFI
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 03:22:17 +0000

Sorry for the delay I tested the code in a mix environment ipv4 and ipv6 and everything works !!!  I didn't find any issue

Jorge

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016, 1:07 AM Stéphan Gorget <address@hidden> wrote:
You can find the set of patches we are using at Facebook on Josef personal Github here : https://github.com/josefbacik/grub2

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Jorge Cisneros <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All
>
>    I setup my pxe environment using the grub-mkdirnet for EFI and legacy, in
> both cases the ipv4 works very well, but when I try to use the ipv6 I got an
> error and sent me to the rescue shell
>
>   You can see a screenshot here http://s22.postimg.org/av3zr0jz5/grubbug.png
>
>    Look like grub is trying to parse the ipv6 as ipv4 getting as result a
> very bad ip,
>
>    This is a bug? there is a workaround or I did something wrong?

Yes, DHCPv6 support is currently not upstream. Facebook makes
extensive use of IPv6, you could test Josef Bacik patch series which
is using Michael Chang's DHCPv6 patches (not have reference handy,
check grub-devel archives). Michael intended to clean up his patches
but so far did not follow up. We definitely appreciate independent
testing of these patches.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2016-02/msg00036.html