Re: error on installing grub in a UEFI xen guest: " File system `fat' do

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: error on installing grub in a UEFI xen guest: " File system `fat' doesn't support embedding." & "embedding is not possible, but this is required for cross-disk install." ?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 20:17:42 +0300

23.02.2016 18:07, address@hidden пишет:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016, at 07:02 AM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
>>> Is GRUB efii-platform going to be added?
>>
>> Added to *what*? I do not understand what you mean.
>
> You said "You cannot use GRUB for EFI platform in domU".
>
> That appears to be capability that's not in Grub.

It has nothing to do with GRUB. GRUB built for EFI will run on any
platform that provides EFI environment. Xen does not provide it.

> Is that capability going to be added?

If you insist on running GRUB for EFI on domU you have to ask Xen
developers to implement EFI in hypervisor. Then GRUB for EFI will
magically start to work.

Until this happens you can use GRUB2 in domU as I already told you; I
still do not understand why it must be "GRUB for EFI" as user facing
part (grub.cfg) is the same so what difference does it make?