Re: Multiple boot from USB stick

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Multiple boot from USB stick
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:41:36 +0300

14.02.2016 14:41, Karsten Malcher пишет:

>> There were reports that is works using Sylinux memdisk with Smart Boot
>> Manager. They can be loaded by GRUB if needed.
>
> That's what i mean - there are no examples how to master it.
> I understand what must be done, but it is to complicated in detail.
> The documentation does not help to solve such complex problems.
>
> Grub has great features - but nobody knows how to use it !?

Well, GRUB cannot do it itself, so no wonder you won't find it in GRUB
documentation.

>> Almost identical question was discussed recently, you could search list
>> archive for last couple of weeks for additional information.
>
> Yes - there is a discussion.
> But i could not find any concrete solution.

I made a quick test using freedos 1.1 CD and it booted and displayed
installation dialogue and I was able to enter "rescue mode".

linux16 /memdisk iso
initrd16 /fdbase.iso
boot

Does it suite as a concrete solution? :)