Re: Using conditionals in embedded config?

From: Shea Levy
Subject: Re: Using conditionals in embedded config?
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 09:07:56 -0500

I'm setting up an unassisted android boot process, where I first check to see if the system has requested boot into recovery and boot from the recovery bootimg if so (booting from the normal bootimg otherwise). None of the traditional android partitions are appropriate for a grub config. I can just add an extra partition (which I'm doing for now), but a) this is not supported by official flashing/update mechanisms and b) this increases the window during an update to the bootloader where loss of power would result in a corrupt system (with embedded config doing all of the work, I only need to update boot.img and core.img, with a config on a separate partition I also need to update that partition.

~Shea