Re: Chainloading isolinux.bin

From: 4javier
Subject: Re: Chainloading isolinux.bin
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:29:28 +0100

You're right. My fault thinking that "chainloader" command would have ran directly the chained bootloader with no need of "boot" command. Anyway, I just tried, and shell just shows a blinking cursor on a new line, doing nothing.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 3:20 PM, 4javier <address@hidden> wrote:
> chainloader /isolinux/isolinux.bin
>
> I always get Error: Invalid Signature.
> If I try to force chainloading, it just get back to the prompt.

Every loader command in grub just "get back to prompt". You need to
use "boot" command to actually jump to loaded code (but I doubt it
will work).