Reverse boot list order

From: Tim Shaw
Subject: Reverse boot list order
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 21:18:21 +0200

Perhaps someone will find the attached scripts to reverse the boot list order useful. Maybe they could go in the FAQ.

Let me know if there is a better place to send this e-mail.

It was inspired by a night shift data center operator. He just could not let the default (last) kernel load, but had to arrow up to boot the first kernel, like he figured it was supposed to boot I guess. Three times, no matter how I put the request, according to the logs I read the next morning.

Thanks,
Tim