Re: Unknown command 'else'?

From: Steven Shiau
Subject: Re: Unknown command 'else'?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:14:30 +0800

On 2015年09月19日 00:17, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> It can read, just that it is configured with $root and $prefix pointing
> to internal memory, so it does not do it by default. But you still have
> $cmdpath that points to original boot location and you still have
> $net_default_server, $net_default_mac etc which should point to TFTP
> server it had been booted from. So you should be able to write custom
> grub.cfg making use of them.
>
> Of course you need to preload net and driver modules, just like netboot
> image does, to compute them.

Got it. Now I realize that.

>> Do you think this preconfig file will work for the future grub 2.x?
>
> Yes, I do not really expect it to break. May be just become more verbose
> with errors about missing files.
Since this "subtle" embedded preconfig way works, and the efi image file
created by grub-mkimage is smaller than that of grub-mkstandalone (my
case is 0.9MB vs. 6MB), I will use the grub-mkimage way for the moment.
It's very helpful to discuss with you. Thank you very much.

Steven.
--
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C