Re: grub2

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: grub2
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 18:42:00 +0300

11.09.2015 16:25, Chopper пишет:
Hi all,
I have a few questions about diskboot.S.
Here is the last few lines of this file:

/* fill the first data listing with the default */
blocklist_default_start:
        /* this is the sector start parameter, in logical sectors from
           the start of the disk, sector 0 */
        .long 2, 0
blocklist_default_len:
        /* this is the number of sectors to read.  grub-mkimage
           will fill this up */
        .word 0
blocklist_default_seg:
        /* this is the segment of the starting address to load the data into */
        .word (GRUB_BOOT_MACHINE_KERNEL_SEG + 0x20)

firstlist:      /* this label has to be after the list data!!! */

Question:
1.I want to know how the value of blocklist_default_len  is filled.

grub-mkimage. This is even written above in comments.

2.Is blocklist_default_len equal to the size of kernel.img?

No. core.img includes additional modules and usually is compressed. kernel.img is not enough to do anything useful.

3.Is it passible to get the size of kernel.img and use it as one of some
parameters to hash kernel.img in diskboot.S?

Not sure I understand the question. grub supports self-healing installation using reed-solomon encoding and is using it e.g. when installing in MBR. Is it what you ask?