Re: Destroyed Entries at /dev/sda - boot not possible anymore

From: Y.
Subject: Re: Destroyed Entries at /dev/sda - boot not possible anymore
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:00:14 +0200

Le 2015-03-30 14:48, Stefan Lamby a écrit :
Also I am not sure, what "ubuntu" means in this case: Both are ubuntu - one at
the stick, the other on the hd. How can
I find out which one is the correct synonym for the installation I like to start
into?  Could grub_uefi also be what I want? How to figure out?

I have zero experience with EFI. However, as far as I know, each OS writes to the EFI partition in a directory named /efi/<distribution>. If you have twice installed Ubuntu, into different partitions, then the second installation probably has overwriten the /efi/ubuntu contents. Thus, my advice would be to boot a live/usb Linux OS, then chroot to your on-disk Ubuntu (with its /boot mounted), and finally reinstall the boot-loader from there.

Yves.