Query about command line commands

From: Bret Busby
Subject: Query about command line commands
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:17:16 +0800

Hello.

On a problem system, I have "GNU GRUB version 2.02~beta2"
as shown in the command line window.

The system is a UEFI/GPT system.

Three or four operating systems are apparently more or less installed
on the system, and the installation attempt of the last operating
system, broke everything.

I have found that I am able, at the GRUB command line, to run ls,
which returns a list of the partiitions (hd0,gpt<x for x= 1 to 13>).

I can also run ls (hd0,gpt<x>), which returns a description of the
partition filesystem.

I can also run ls (hd0,gpt<x>)/ , which lists the top level contents
of the partition.

Now, my query is this; with the command set that is available at that
level, can I mount a USB thumb drive (eg, mount <device descriptor>
<mount device name> (I do not know whether that would the the order of
the syntactical components, or, what would be the correct syntax),
and, direct a copy of each command and return output, to a file on the
USB drive, eg, where I have

"
grub> ls (hd0,gpt1)
error: unknown filesystem
"

that could be directed to a file, whch would then contain

"
ls (hd0,gpt1)
error: unknown filesystem
"

and thence, for each command, to either append it to a single file, so
that the file would be of the nature

"
ls (hd0,gpt1)/
error: unknown filesystem
ls (hd0,gpt2)/
efi/
ls (hd0,gpt2)/efi/
Microsoft/ Boot/ oem/
"

like using something like
ls (hd0,gpt1)/ > <mountpoint>/ls_info.txt
ls (hd0,gpt2)/ >> <mountpoint>/ls_info.txt
ls (hd0,gpt2)/efi/ >> <mountpoint>/ls_info.txt

which would be preferred,
or, if that is not available, to direct the command input and the
return output for each command, to separate files?

If this can be done, how would I do it (commands, including syntax of commands)?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale