Please review the following and indicate:
- Whether my assumptions might be correct
- Whether or not there could be or has been any modifications to the http module
Occasionally, not consistently, Grub2 throws a "alloc magic is broken" error.
Grub2.02~beta2 network booting with config file
Config file script uses 'source' to get default menu selection information over http
HTTP module may have bad packet grabbing code?
- Continually reboot the machine till the error appears with current script.
- Continually reboot the machine with the 'source' call removed.
With 'source' call as above:
- Failure to boot / Successful boots: 1/33, 1/142, 1/27
Without 'source' call as above:
- Failure to boot /
Successful boots: 0 / 205
It appears to me that the http module may have something flaky going on.
“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried” – G. K. Chesterton