RE: Loading different kernels based on platform identification (DMI)

From: Rajat Jain
Subject: RE: Loading different kernels based on platform identification (DMI)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:23:47 +0000

[+David]

Hello,

> DMI parsing was discussed a while back and proposed patch was posted on
> grub-devel. It was quite a while back, so patch probably needs rebasing.
> Somebody who cares enough should probably try to submit it for review
> again after testing with current git.

I found a couple references, and the best bet I could find is this:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-04/msg00153.html

Can you please confirm if this is the patch you were referring to?

David: I'm running on Intel's latest 64 bit Haswell processor. Can you please
confirm if this patch should work on that (I ask because I found references
about different ways to deal with 32 bit and 64 bit CPUs/BIOSes).

I'm interested and I think it would be highly useful to have this up streamed.
Wanted to check if David or someone else is planning to submit it, or shall I
try submitting it after rebasing to the latest and testing on my machine?

Thanks,

Rajat