Re: Problem after update with grub and --unrestricted on i386

From: Michael D. Setzer II
Subject: Re: Problem after update with grub and --unrestricted on i386
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:04:27 +1000

I just rebooted the machine again, and problem is that it doesn't show what
the file is: just get the message

error: file not found
error: file not found
error: file not found

Press any key to continue

It does then continue after waiting a short time, so one doesn't have to press
any key.

I did just find the the grub had some insmod with efi and ieee which where
not in the /boot/grub2 directory, so commented them out, and that elimanated
the file not found messages.

But still not sure about the --unrestricted issue.

Another issue might be that the grub2 directory has lots more files than the
machines that are running the 64bit versions, and they were clean installs
while these were older machines that were upgraded to f20 from older
versions, and it appears they may not had the space after the mbr.

The grub2 is reported as 2.00-26

Have not tried putting the --unrestricted back in the 10_linux file?

Thanks for the reply.