Non-Linux, non-Unix platforms

From: Dee Sharpe
Subject: Non-Linux, non-Unix platforms
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 23:25:03 -0600

Is it possible to use Grub2 on platforms other than Linux? Such platforms may
not use the run level setup, which Grub2 seems to rely on. Also, what about
platforms that aren't Unix-based? Such platforms may not run bash scripts or
have "etc/" directories. Forgive me if this information is provided elsewhere.
I've googled this subject & I can only find dual-booting examples. I'd like to
find out how to setup & use Grub2 with an alternative OS, as a first class
platform.

Apollo Demetrious Sharpe