RE: custom Authentication module

From: Buckeyne, Thomas
Subject: RE: custom Authentication module
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 16:08:10 +0000

On the:

"""
> Do I need to request a module to be included when I run
> grub-mkstandalone / grub-mkimage

Not sure I understand this question. Do you mean - module that you are going to
build?
"""

My custom module is being included; I thought perhaps I needed to include some
module (other than cipher) to get the ecc support
        But your other answers explain why it is not being included (it is not
because it is not in the module include list; but because it is deliberately
excluded)

As information; I removed the exclusion of ecc.c and it compiled correctly but
it did not link
     => it seems to need some function is a misc.c ; I removed the exclusion
for misc.c
        but it does not compile for a variety of reasons (the
util/import_gcry.py does not seem to "filter" it at all comes across unchanged
=> therefor it does not compile)

With the expanding usage of ECDSA for authentication do you know if there are
any plans to include the ecc module in grub build (if or when)?

Thomas Buckeyne