Questing on New Network Stack

From: Cheng Cheng
Subject: Questing on New Network Stack
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:24:44 -0500

Hi,

As noticed, there is a big change for GRUB 2.00 in the network stack from
previous GRUB 1.99. I upgraded to GRUB 2.00 today, however, the PXE booting
stops working.

I use following command to generate a PXE bootable image:
    grub-mkimage --format=i386-pc-pxe --output=grub.pxe
--prefix=‘(tftp)/boot/grub’ pxe tftp normal

After I boot into GRUB console, I have to manually trigger network
configuration by “net_bootp”. I then can use “net_ls_addr” to verify my network
configuration succeeds.

However, GRUB console still cannot communicate to TFTP server to fetch
additional modules. For example, I tried:
    insmod (tftp, XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)/boot/grub/halt.mod
But returned “error: File not found”. For GRUB 1.99, I can do the same thing by:
    insmod (pxe:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)/boot/grub/halt.mod

Can anyone share some hints on how to use the new network stack? I also
interests in trying HTTP protocol.

Thanks in advance,
Cheng