grub2 release schedules?

From: Chapman Flack
Subject: grub2 release schedules?
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:00:57 -0500

Hi,

Browsing git, I see that 2.00 was tagged about 16 months ago.

It will probably work ok for me, but I would like some of the ZFS
features that I see in the tree since then (pool 5000, named features, lz4).

What's the best way I should proceed? Should I just build from the head?
Is that stable enough to depend on?

Should I build 2.00 stability of the overall system, then just build
the ZFS modules from a more recent commit? Is the module ABI still
the same so that would work?

Or is there some commit more recent than 2.00 but more stable than
the current head, that I should choose to build from?

Is there another official release planned in the foreseeable future?

Thanks,
-Chap