Re: I am trying to boot PC-BSD 9.1 by iso loopbacking

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: I am trying to boot PC-BSD 9.1 by iso loopbacking
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 18:46:38 -0500

On 7/1/13, Bret Busby <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> At about the start of March, this year, I posted messages on this list
> and on the PC-BSD list, asking about trying to get PC-BSD running with
> GRUB on a multi-boot system, as I had been unable to get PC-BSD 9.0
> working with GRUB.
>
> I got no response on this list.

While you received no replies to your first email, you received
multiple replies to the follow up email you sent on April 11. Those
replies included people saying that yes grub definitely does support
addition, the grub manual includes an example entry for FreeBSD for a
manually written entry:
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Multi_002dboot-manual-config
though I don't know if such an entry will work with PC-BSD or if it
needs some modification.

> With that, and, what I got from the PC-BSD list, I assumed that PC-BSD
> and GRUB are incompatible with each other.

That is an odd assumption to make given that the replies on this list
said exactly the opposite. Did you miss those replies?

--
Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)