Trying to use Grub Command Line to boot from CD

From: Jesse Thompson
Subject: Trying to use Grub Command Line to boot from CD
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:06:08 -0700

Hello!

I would like some help trying to boot from CD using Grub command line. Trying to recover data from an ancient Compaq Proliant server which lacks a way to set boot order in bios.

Only apparent thing I know how to access is Grub command line.

"ls" does not display the CD as a device, and I'm not sure if that means CD drive itself is borked or inaccessable, or if I should insmod something to make it visible.

And advise or further clarifying questions would be appreciated, thank you very much. :)

- - Jesse