Re: grub2 2.00, PXE boot, and freebsd 9.1

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: grub2 2.00, PXE boot, and freebsd 9.1
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:04:22 +0400

В Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:06:04 -0500
"Richard A. Sitze" <address@hidden> пишет:

> Well *that* resolve the "not an IP" error [and, of course, on to my next
> issue - which I need to do my homework on before bringing anything up here].
>
> A quick diff of the 2.00 and trunk doesn't give me any good feel for any
> one simple change to 2.00 that would fix the issue.

I hate errors that just disappear. You never know whether they strike
back. Try to ask on grub-devel, may be someone has better insight.

If you are really concerned you could try bisecting it. I can explain
how to do it. But it depends on the fact that every commit compiles and
runs; it cannot be guaranteed ...

> Is trunk stable with respect to the core functionality?  Or is there a
> path to a definitive patch to 2.00 for this issue given that it works on
> trunk?

trunk is unstable by definition ... :)