Re: Does GRUB work with BSD

From: Rick Miller
Subject: Re: Does GRUB work with BSD
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 08:44:17 -0400

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM, Bret Busby <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello.

As I have had no response to my query posted on 06 March, about GRUB and BSD, specifically, PC-BSD, I now have to ask, is BSD and its various versions, unsupported by GRUB?

Yes, Grub2 supports FreeBSD.  I tested this out at one time, but we no longer use Grub to boot FreeBSD in our scenario.  I have a blog post that may help you even though it's not specifically tailored to your scenario:

http://blog.hostileadmin.com/2012/05/04/pxe-booting-into-a-freebsd-installation/

--
Take care
Rick Miller