Re: Embedding a file into core.img

From: Arbiel (gmx)
Subject: Re: Embedding a file into core.img
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:02:11 +0100

Hi

Le 22/03/2013 06:59, Andrey Borzenkov a écrit :
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Arbiel (gmx)
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

I wrote a simple grub.cfg file to search the partition by its name, and it
works fine. I do not quite understand your sentence "The only thing I'm not
sure about is line end - it may need Unix text file". I created my grub.cfg
file with gedit, that is using Linux.

I mean, you probably should not crate this file using Windows notepad.

No, not at all. I created this file with a Linux text application. The end of line is a single byte and not a two cr, lf byte sequence.

It remains a little issue at boot time. The key is /dev/sdb, the booted
partition sits on an external device /dev/sdc. I have got a transient
message reading "ata_id[276] HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed for '/dev/sdc' illegal
argument". This message does not appear when the booted partition sits on
/dev/sda.

This message is from Linux kernel and so out of scope of this discussion :)

Absolutely. This is quite out of scope of this discussion. I searched the Web and I found that I do not have to worry about this message. I mentionned it just in case you would have known something about it.