openSUSE 12.2 will not boot on UEFI BIOS HP notebook hard drive

From: Lee Craven
Subject: openSUSE 12.2 will not boot on UEFI BIOS HP notebook hard drive
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:40:55 -0600

OpenSUSE 12.2 installation fails after completing the installation of all selected software packages and the basic system setup, when the openSUSE installation tried to boot into the new Linux system, to perform the automatic system configuration:

Error No active partition
No bootable device – insert boot disk and press any key

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
BIOS Version: F.23
Processor type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz

Total memory: 8GB

Boot Manager → Boot Option Menu

Boot From EFI File
Notebook Hard Drive
Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive

System Configuration

CD-ROM Boot <Enabled>
Internal Network Adapter Boot <Disabled>
Secure Boot <Disabled>
Legacy Support <Enabled>                                          ← I changed this

UEFI Boot Order

OS boot Manager
Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive
USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk
USB CD/DVD ROM Drive
! Network Adapter

Legacy Boot Order

Notebook Hard Drive
Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive
USB Diskette on Key/USB Hard Disk
USB CD/DVD ROM Drive
! Network Adapter

Good afternoon.

I am a true novice and I have successfully installed openSUSE 12.2 on our non-UEFI BIOS desktop & our laptop.

I have enabled the Legacy Support AND Secure Boot is disabled.

I have found some hits in the openSUSE forum discussing the pro's & con's of Systemd & sysvinit-init but I am unsure what my course of action is to allow
openSUSE 12.2 to boot on the hard drive of this UEFI BIOS HP laptop.

I am able to boot up the Rescue System on the Live DVD I created from http://software.opensuse.org/122/en.

Thanks,
Lee Craven