personal script

From: Filippo Galante
Subject: personal script
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 01:32:09 +0100

Goodevening,
I'm an italian IT student looking for some help. I would like to create a
script for the manual input of the menu entry. I explain a little better. What
Grub should do is:

Do not show the menu with all the entries but just print "Select entry:" and if
I write for example "entry1" Grub boot the first menu entry. If the string does
not correspond it lets the user try again. What should i do? should i create a
script to put in /grub.d folder?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Filippo