Re: GRUB2 (packaged with Ubuntu 12.10) won't boot OS X

From: Alex Kanavin
Subject: Re: GRUB2 (packaged with Ubuntu 12.10) won't boot OS X
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:27:57 +0200

2012/11/8 Chris Murphy <address@hidden>:
> You are EFI booted. You might find out what created that inhospitable hybrid
> MBR. Oh I bet you prepared the drive using Boot Camp Assistant first,
> didn't you? If you did and don't also have Windows on the computer, you might
> use gdisk to create a new protective MBR, and write out a new GPT.
> The hybrid MBR is fraught with problems and technically right now you have a
> stale and invalid GPT.

Er, no :) I never even ran boot camp assistant, I reduced the size of
OS X partition with Disk Utility, and then proceeded to Ubuntu
installation. That's when the hybrid MBR was created, probably. I know
hybrid MBR is a hack made for one specific purpose of booting Windows,
but it doesn't seem to give me trouble, I'll probably just leave it
there.

--
Alexander