RE: grub menu colors work but always a black screen

From: Greg White
Subject: RE: grub menu colors work but always a black screen
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 20:38:08 -0500

> > I am trying to get grub to show a menu that has a blue background with
> > yellow text. I get a black ground with blue lines that contain yellow
> > text. I am using grub 2.00. Here is my grub.cfg
> >
> > set menu_color_normal=yellow/blue
> > set menu_color_highlight=blue/yellow
> > set color_normal=yellow/blue
> > set color_highlight=blue/yellow
> >
> > Did I do something wrong?
>
> set menu_color_normal=yellow/blue
> set menu_color_highlight=blue/yellow
>
> is sufficient.

I removed the extra lines and now I have black background with a blue menu and white text.  I was trying different color combinations until something worked.  It looks better now that the extra lines are gone, but I think an all blue screen with white text would look better.  Is there any way to get rid of the black background?

Thanks,