Re: EFI to grub to DOS?

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: Re: EFI to grub to DOS?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:26:01 -0700

"I don't get the impression that the CSM provides any passthrough capability to UEFI. With CSM the computer appears strictly as BIOS not UEFI.

And not all UEFI firmware have a CSM."

Yeah, I was hoping that the memory which contains the setting that says whether to boot into EFI mode or BIOS mode would be accessible both while in BIOS mode and EFI mode.

Greg, I'm no expert when it comes manipulating system firmware settings from the OS, but out of curiosity, when booted into Linux, do you have a /dev/nvram when booted in BIOS mode? And what about when booted into EFI mode?

Jake

Sent from my iPhone