Re: gentoo + debian wheezy + fd0 read error

From: Jose Juan Montiel
Subject: Re: gentoo + debian wheezy + fd0 read error
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 23:25:32 +0200

hi,

> 2012/2/17 Jordan Uggla <address@hidden>:
>>>>

>>> any search in this file has a --no-floppy option.
>>
>> Is grub's boot sector + core.img on a different drive than contains
>> /boot/grub/? I ask because if so, there would be one search command
>> before the grub.cfg is read (to find the partition containing
>> /boot/grub/) which might not include the --no-floppy option.
>>
>> Either way, could you please file a bug report about this?
>>
>> --
>> Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)
>
> i send a mail to bug list... i put in bug but this is grub.conf file
> http://pastebin.com/nsrurN0H
>
> very strange...
>
> thanks in advice.

finally i discover how to configure bios for grub2 don't search fd0.

case: Aplus Cupid 1 - 90W - Silver - mini ITX
hardware: P8H61-I Rev.3.0 - ST9500325AS 500 GB - Core i3-2100T
Bios information: 0403 x64
Bios version; 02/11/2011
ME Version: 7.0.4.1197
software: debian wheezy updated + grub2 1.99-17

I follow this step in the bios..
- Exit/advanced mode
- Advanced mode
- usb configuration
- Mass storage device
- Generic USB SD Reader 1.00 Auto -> hard disk
- Generic CF Reader 1.01 Auto -> hard disk
- Generic SM Reader 1.02 Auto -> hard disk
- Generic MS Reader 1.03 Auto -> hard disk

The trick was that the reader was interpreting like tdisk.

Did you want that i make some test?

Thanks for time.

--
This is your badness level.
It's unusually high for someone your size.