Installing GRUB on 2048b Sector Size ?

From: Mohammad Badie Zadegan
Subject: Installing GRUB on 2048b Sector Size ?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:47:37 +0330

Dear Stefan,
I partitioned my USB as /dev/sdf1 and when i install grub on it , it did not any error but still i can not boot from it !!

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Stefan Misch <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Mohammed,

As the error message says, writing to a partitionless Disk is a Bad idea. Try to partition it and then install grub.

Regards,
Stefan

Mohammad Badie Zadegan <address@hidden> schrieb:
Hi,
I want to install GRUB on 2048 Byte Sector Size .
My USB Device is 4GigaByte Sony Walkman and accessible on /dev/sdf
I tried with these commands but still did not bootable !!
How can i bootable it with GRUB or other Bootloaders ?

address@hidden:~# grub-install /dev/sdf
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: warn: Attempting to install GRUB to a
partitionless disk. This is a BAD idea..
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: warn: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can only
be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists
are UNRELIABLE and its use is discouraged..
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: error: if you really want blocklists, use --force.

address@hidden:~# grub-install --force /dev/sdf
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: warn: Attempting to install GRUB to a
partitionless disk. This is a BAD idea..
/usr/sbin/grub-setup: warn: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can only
be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists
are UNRELIABLE and its use is discouraged..
Installation finished. No error reported.

Help-grub mailing list
address@hidden