Booting grub2 from a windows tftp server

From: Ioan Damian
Subject: Booting grub2 from a windows tftp server
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:04:42 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to boot grub2 with pxe support from a windows tftp server. I've built from the latest sources from ftp (version 1.99) on a debian squeeze x86. I then built the image to get from pxe with the command:
grub-mkimage --format=i386-pc-pxe --output=/root/work/pxegrub.0 --prefix='(pxe)/boot/grub' pxe pxecmd

First thing, I tried the image on a tftp server on the debian machine and succeded booting.
Next I built the image for the windows server:
grub-mkimage --format=i386-pc-pxe --output=/root/work/pxegrub.0 --prefix='(pxe)\' pxe pxecmd

From the windows tftp server Grub loads from PXE no problem but, fails at the next step:

error: invalid file name '\/normal.mod'.

My guess is it doesn't know how to use backslashes which Windblows uses in the path. Does anyone have experience with this kind of scenario?

Any help is highly appreciated.

--
All I know is that I like you. I have no taste, but I like you.