Uninstall gnu-grub?

From: karmacarbine
Subject: Uninstall gnu-grub?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 03:28:40 +0000

Hello,
I have an eeepc1005hab and it came with windows 7. I decided to dual-boot
windows 7 with BackTrack 5 which uses Ubuntu and and Gnu-Grub. Just recently I
decided to restore my computer to factory settings. I did this once before
without a problem before I had Backtrack 5. The computer itself comes with the
recovery mode tool to do this, since the computer does not have a physical disk
drive to begin with. Now with gnu-grub I cannot go into recovery mode like I
wish. Instead, it will show the letters "Recovery mode selected" but
immediately go grub. Oh and by the way my version of grub is 1.98.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T