GRUB only loads when I save BIOS settings

From: danberliner
Subject: GRUB only loads when I save BIOS settings
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 22:34:22 +0000 (UTC)

I am currently dual booting Linux and Windows, so obviously I set up GRUB to manage this. The issue is that my computer will say to insert proper boot device and reboot (the default thing it does when it can not find any device to boot) unless I go into the BIOS settings and save. It does not matter if I change any settings, I just have to hit save and reboot. If I exit without saving it will not load.

I am on an ASUS UL50VT laptop, my BIOS is American Megatrends v 217 (the latest available for my model). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.