Full documentation for GRUB2

From: Robert Wolf
Subject: Full documentation for GRUB2
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:43:43 +0100 (CET)

Hallo,

I would like to study GRUB2 and I wanted to find all modules description, all
commands and all environment variables, but some commands and modules and
variables description are missing in the documentation at URL
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html.

I had to study /etc/grub.d scripts to find out:

* GRUB_TIMEOUT is environment variable "timeout"

* GRUB_DEFAULT is environment variable "default"

* Hidden menu is created using "sleep" and "keystatus" command, sleep is not
mentioned in the official documentation (I found the description on site
http://members.iinet.net/~herman546/p20/GRUB2%20CLI%20Mode%20Commands.html and
http://grub.enbug.org/FranklinPiat/grub.cfg.manpage).

There is no documentation on the available modules, only some of them are
documented in examples, Franklin Piat has made the page
http://grub.enbug.org/FranklinPiat/grub_modules.manpage but as stated "This
documentation isn't updated anymore (since grub2-1.96+20080203 approximately)".

Is there some complete official documentation of GRUB2, or is GRUB2 full
documentation only in source code?;-)

Thank you for info.

Regards,

Robert Wolf.