Re: can somebody explain file boot/i386/pc/boot.S

From: Piscium
Subject: Re: can somebody explain file boot/i386/pc/boot.S
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:59:38 +0100

2010/10/13 Dennis Cao <address@hidden>:
> HI guys,
> I am really interested in grub. So i dig into the source code a bit. I
> find that the boot program is written in AT&T assembly.

 AT&T?? I am not sure where you got that. i386 is an Intel
architecture, also used by AMD and a few others. So search the Intel
or AMD websites for manuals on CPUs of the i386 family and you will
find complete descriptions of the language. Mind you, they are big
manuals, with hundreds of pages, good to read before going to sleep!