Installing 'core.img' to dedicated partition

From: Don Hiatt
Subject: Installing 'core.img' to dedicated partition
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:47:14 -0700

Hello,

How can I get grub installed on a dedicated partition in lieu of the
partition-gap? What I'd like to do is use the 'boot-partition' mentioned
here: http://grub.enbug.org/BIOS_Boot_Partition but without using GPT
partitions. E.g. I'd like to have the mbr on /dev/sda but 'core.img'
live in another partition /dev/sda7.

I know blocklists are discourage, but if I use the blocks of a dedicated
partition (like the GPT method) things should work.

Now the question becomes, how do I get grub to install to a dedicated
partition? How do I determine and then pass the boot block list to grub?

Thank you very much!

don