Re: Dedicated grub2 partition

From: Barry Jackson
Subject: Re: Dedicated grub2 partition
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 20:40:07 +0100

On 02/10/10 13:30, Goh Lip wrote:

Great you've got this working. Learnt something here myself. Thanks for
sharing. If you want to try out booting straight from the iso rather
than extracting out the sqfs etc, it might be worthwhile.

Take care, Barry and good luck. - Goh Lip

Goh,
Many thanks for all your help, all working now including Slack.
Full grub.cfg is here:-
http://barjac.pastebin.com/Mzw4Jwjt
I don't know if there is anything in the docs about gfxpayload, but I will do some searching, as most menu items throw a warning about vga=xxx.

I will try booting an .iso - thanks for the pointers.

Now to test my on-board nvidia SATA controllers that don't work with legacy.
(See my other post)
This was the main reason for switching (and to learn a little about grub2) :-)

Cheers - Barry