Re: grub-mkimage error on mac mini

From: Michael Evans
Subject: Re: grub-mkimage error on mac mini
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 03:10:01 -0700

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Николай Широковский
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Michael Evans <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Николай Широковский
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> > I've builded grub-1.97.2 on mac mini.
>> > Just ./configure and make. The last has errors on install stage -
>> > install-sh
>> > had 644 permissions, so i change to 755 and make seems to complete his
>> > job
>> > after it.
>> > Then i ran grub-mkimage as described in mac wiki page and get an error:
>> > unresolved symbol memcmp.
>> > How can i fix it?
>> >

>> memcmp should be part of the standard c library; included via string.h
>>
>> As part of the standard library, this should only go wrong if you lack
>> the -dev packages for it or are not compiling against the same target
>> platform as your libraries.
>
> I don't quite understand you. I have Mac Dev tools installed, i can compile
> and run test
> programs with memcmp, i have platform = efi and target_cpu = i386 in
> Makefile. Seems
> to be ok.
> BTW grub-mkimage creates file grub.efi in spite of error.

Please reply to the LIST or ALL.

As for what grub will compile under, I am unsure it it can be
successfully compiled by anything other than the GNU toolchain; you
should /really/ read the documentation and see what is required or
inquire with other users.