Re: legacy grub missed partition

From: Jan Stefan
Subject: Re: legacy grub missed partition
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:22:51 -0600

On 2010/03/09 Felix Miata wrote:

> Change how? Do you mean recreate the filesystem, or some way to convert to

> 128 byte inode size on existing filesystem without losing files or data?

My main goal was to write a procedure to duplicate my working Linux software

on a second PC. I already had a tared version of my partition data from the

first PC so destroying the partition data was not a problem.

I recreated the filesystem with the command “mkfs.ext3 –I 128 /dev/sda2”.

I then untared my filesystem archive into the partition.

The legacy Grub “find” command could then find files in (hd0,1), as expected,

and menu.lst in the first partition could boot a Linux kernel in partition two.

Again thanks for the help,

Jan